Thursday, March 29, 2007

house & pet dream

I had a dream last of being in my house in a coastal area. I looked out my window and was amazed at how often I didn’t really notice I had a great view of the ocean (ocean front!). Then I was trying to deadbolt my front door – the bolt didn’t quite line up with the slot in the doorway. But then a man was on the outside trying to break in. I was trying to turn the deadbolt from inside and he was trying to pry it open, and I think he said (or I somehow knew) he was going try come in and rape me. Or maybe I was just afraid he would. I tried to get Rusty to come over to the door to bark and scare the man away. I think he wasn’t scary enough – the man saw how small Rusty is.

Then a man & woman (either married or partners in crime) showed up at the back door. One of their mothers was there too. They wanted to buy my house, and offered 2x the price (they offered $214,000 in my dream), but I didn't want to sell it, so the man & woman started waving around automatic riffles, and I still said no. So the man shot the woman to show he was serious, and then got out a flame thrower and lit a living room part on fire, but closed the door to the living room to give us more time to bargain. But I moved into save the pets mode, and I let the dogs out the front door, and then had to get the cats into their carriers, and Yoda's was too small. It was a clear plastic round carrier like a gerbil wheel. But I had to get out and so lugged the cat carriers out and was thinking about how I would get Yoda into Guaba’s without them darting out. But then thought I can’t be planning that – it’s important that I got them out. Then I had to round up the dogs. And I think the man was still out there to get me. But then I woke up.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow - no more spicy food for you just before going to bed.

I hate dreams like that. So scary.

And - if you had an ocean view house I would think it would be worth way more than $214,000

Tucson Trekker said...

I like the part where he closes the door on the fire so you can bargain more. Wish I could remember my dreams last night. I did remember them when I woke up and I remember being amazed at how vivid and varied they were. Funny that they're completely gone now!

Molly said...

Sounds like you had a completely exhausting night. When I was a kid I used to dream almost the exact same dream (I mean, the someone trying to get in the door while I tried to deadbolt it dream-- not all the rest), only in my dream all my family was just upstairs, just a scream away from saving me, but for some reason I couldn't get any sound to come out of my mouth. Yucky. I hope you were able to go outside and enjoy some sunshine with the furry pure-souls that share your home this morning.

Debbie said...

My reoccurring dream theme is trying to rescue all the animals, usually from a tornado. Tornadoes have been my reoccurring dream since I was little, then moving to NE & KS increased them to 10x more! Then adding the critters added the additional dynamic. 2nd place reoccurring is being in a large grocery store - that's maybe once every other year. I've had several about ocean-side homes, one that got wiped out by hurricane rising waters, that was probably 10 yrs. ago.

Did anyone figure out how to get the responses mailed to you email?

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I never had the "it's a final and you didn't know you were in the class" dream as a student, but I have had variations several times as a teacher. Giving a final when you didn't know you were responsible for the class is horrifying. I repeatedly dreamed that I was teaching the wrong class for ecology in the fall, over and over again I had to reassure myself that my boss would have told me if I had a second and third ecology class.

Irene said...

Funny, tornados are a recurring theme in my dreams too. I think that was even before I lived in KS. Animals and water (usually ocean-water) show up pretty often, too.

Tucson Trekker said...

After Sally's Sister posted this email, I realized I have recurring dreams about elevators. Usually, they go up and down about 100 floors and go down so fast that I feel like I'm in a roller-coaster. My dream usually focuses on the fact that I can bear the sinking sensation if I focus and remember to breathe, that and how high-up places at the top of the elevator are frightening, but usually attractive with a breath-taking view. In my most recent one (last week) I wanted to get from the first floor to the second and I hit the wrong button and had to go via the 130th floor. It was one of those elevators (common in my dreams) that travels horizontally sometimes as well as vertically at other times so I had to brace myself for it changing direction. Somehow it was only safe if you stood in the center of the elevator (toward the walls it was more flimsy and you could fall out). I don't remember the whole dream, but I ended up lying on top of a tower/pillar thing about 50 floors high on top of the flattened remains of a defunct elevator from decades past. I think people were trying to rescue me when I woke up -- the trajectory of the dream was that I was going to be rescued successfully but be terrified during the process!

Last night I dreamed about exploring caves...