Monday, March 5, 2007

Hi all!

Lisa, I'm really glad that you set this up. I like the idea of having somewhere to check in with the group, though I would appreciate it if this eventually became less pink (sorry, I'm just not a fan of the color). But that's no big deal and if it doesn't happen, I won't die.

Anyway, I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep (though just led an academic discussion so I'm not doing too bad). The reason is that I flew back from Kansas this morning at 6:15. I was attending a reception for Erin McLain (now Rogers) who was a masters student in microbiology. I got to catch up with Susan, Julie, Tim and Jenny which was awesome. I wish there had been time to meet up with Jennifer and Debbie as well, but I didn't get a chance (I also met up with some anime friends who were having a big meeting in Kansas City which was fun as well).

Also, Heather (and everyone else), I do have a facebook account, but I should warn you that I am not generally a fan of the system (my brothers made me join and I have made no attempts to find friends). I also don't check it all that regularly, but I'll look you up next time I get on it. I like livejournal better for whatever reason. The site is cassiopeajelly.livejournal.com if you ever want to look it up.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Abby,
I am glad that you are here as well. We were out of town over the weekend for birthday parties.

Cheers
Jennifer

Abby said...

I feel less guilty about not getting to see you then. Hope you had a great trip.

Debbie said...

Hey - and I was house-sitting in the country, where the dog face brawl took place. And the mailbox was blown up during the night! I thought it was a lightening strike and fell back asleep. Amazing how far the pieces traveled.