Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Better late than never?

Hi all,
How great it is to read through all the posts and comments and feel at least a little connected to you guys again. I'm in Arlington-- still looking for a postdoc or job. I should hear back from postdocs next month-- two possibilities at the Smithsonian, one at Utah State/USDA wild bee lab, and one at UC Berkeley. Actually, I have an interview for the one at UC Berkeley this coming Tuesday. Since the postdoc is funded by WWF, I'm going to be interviewed at their headquarter in DC. I've been reading up on the interviewers and am super excited to meet them (but also pretty nervous). Who knew that WWF employs so many researchers? Many of them are ecologists and conservationists, so I'm feeling way out of may league, but somehow they are at least willing to give me a try (they're interviewing 7 folks for 2 postdoc fellowships). Hope that you are all well. I, too, cannot concentrate without hair pulled back. Do you think it's ok to go to an interview with hair in ponytail??
On another note, Debbie I was also laughing about your posts, especially the night-time brawl of animals on the bed. I'm now living with my sister, in a three dog household (all jack russells, two of them foster dogs). Every time we get a new foster it's a tense time while the dogs readjust. The latest addition is so pleased to see people that she wags her tail so hard she has a hard time walking while her tail is wagging!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Molly,
Glad you are here. Good luck with the interview.

Molly said...

Thanks Jennifer! I visited your blog and it is really awesome. I think your photos are just beautiful. AND Steve's site is amazing too... It is so fun to surf the web and see how cool all the knitters are :)

Irene said...

Good luck with your interview, Molly! Let us know how it goes. Jack Russell terriers are so funny... they pack a lot of personality into such a small body.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Break a leg Molly! And certainly okay to go to interview with ponytail-- I do all my interviewing with a low ponytail (in my silver celtic barret so I feel that I styled it rather than just sticking it into a srunchy) and tasteful earrings and do feel that I'm dressed up.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Molly. I will pass this on to Steve as well. How did the interveiw go?

Tucson Trekker said...

Are you back from the interview? How did it go?