Friday, April 27, 2007

Rain

I think that several parts of the country have been getting lots of rainfall recently, and I thought I'd share a photo of the results of our recent rain.


There has been some flooding in central IA recently, and this photo was taken from a bridge over the Skunk River, which runs through Ames. It is one of my favorite place in Ames (which is may explain why I keep posting photos of it...).





For an idea of what the river normally looks like, here is a photo of the river in December.





Spring is here!

3 comments:

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Wow! Still wet?

Jennifer said...

Yowzers! Hope you dry out soon.

Jenny said...

It has been sunny and warm here since Friday, so in most places the water has gone down. The rain was really exciting on the one hand (people got to canoe in a park near a creek) and bad timing on the other hand because we had lab field trips to a prairie restoration that we had to cancel. It was a weird way to end the semester.