Saturday, April 14, 2007

Erin survives Texas tornado


I was on my way back from Tucson yesterday and had a layover in Dallas. Did you know there was a tornado there? I was in the airport when it came through and everyone had to run into the storm shelters. The news article says flights were delayed up to two hours. Mine was delayed more than 8 and I got in this morining at 3:30! There were hail-damaged planes, a really long inspection process, gas filling and then unfilling, and cops to control the angry mobs. It was a crappy end to a great trip to Tucson. But I'm just glad to be safe and at home!

4 comments:

Irene said...

Wow, I'm glad you got home safely. When it comes to air travel, boring is better than exciting!

Tucson Trekker said...

What Irene said is so true! I'm also very glad you got back safe!

Jennifer said...

Woa - I had no idea that you had such a horrible trip home. Glad you are back and out of the airport!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...not a relaxing way to end a trip. Glad you are back in Kansas!