Friday, April 6, 2007

Almost a brawl, but my head was in the way nonetheless

I was going to let Rusty sleep with me last night, but after 1/2 hr. Yoda jumped up beside my head and Rusty kicked into defend mom mode, and charged after him, with my head in the way. So Rusty got booted out of the room, and Yoda snuggled with me.

But, the reason I post is Jennifer asked about the chicken whacking (too bad we can't see all the comments beside the posts.). Most of my dealings with dead critters take place out at the farm. The dogs had mangled a chicken, it was still flopping, so I thought I should put it out of its misery. I think it just traumatized us both more. But in hindsight the chicken may have already been dead, or been past caring about getting its neck brutalized with an in effective ax.

4 comments:

Tucson Trekker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tucson Trekker said...

Man! Here I always thought you led a fairly calm life -- church social groups, knitting, working with databases. The secret life of the Sister of Sally...

Debbie said...

I'm really her mom. Sister is a misnomer. AND I got up from bed Tues. morning in the wrong direction and whapped my head on the wall, and now that Rusty ran over it it hurts again.

Tucson Trekker said...

Man! Good thing you're not a counter terrorism agent or a CIA operative. I'd hate to see what could happen to you if guns and car chases were involved!