Friday, October 26, 2007

Gratitude For the Week

Here at WJ, every MWF we have the block of time from 10:15 - 11:15 with no scheduled classes. On Mondays, this time is reserved for committee and faculty meetings. Chapel is at this time on Wed. On Fridays we have what is called community time or Jewell time. All faculty, staff, and students are invited to come to the lobby of the union, drink coffee, and eat treats (today - brownies with mini MM's). There is usually some short program. Today the concert choir performed. This is one of the small niceties of Jewell and today I am grateful for it.

What are you grateful for today?

6 comments:

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I am grateful that I live in a place with exceptional fall color, and that I was able to leave town and admire it on an ecology field trip yesterdat. I am also grateful that I have no more field trips this year and if 24 cole wet forresters were going to mutiny they would have probably done it yesterday.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

And Jenny sent me some maple photos!

Beth said...

I'm grateful that I don't have meetings this morning and can hang out at home and help set up for Joshoween. And then go get my yearly tenure/progress evaluation this afternoon.

Jennifer said...

Oh - thanks for reminding me of the Maple photo - I will send mine tonight (the photos are on the computer at home)

Tucson Trekker said...

Describe 'Joshoween'... I'm intrigued!

Beth said...

Joshoween is the annual Halloween party that we have - this year was the 7th Joshoween. Tis very fun - we are currently re-transforming the house to a non-haunted place that's more puppy safe.