Saturday, October 20, 2007

Call for maple photos

If you are out with a digital camera any time in the next week, could you take a picture of a maple for me?
My ecology class is going to be tracking fall phenology changes at different elevations on a field trip this week and I would particularly like them to be able to compare them to other latitudes or elevations.
Info needed: date, photo of tree, estimate of percent of leaves that have dropped, location and species of tree (take a close up of some leaves if you don't know.)
My students will be most grateful (well, not really, but I will be).

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sugar, Silver, does it matter? Send them to you via e-mail?

Oh - I just saw that you want us to include the species, so I guess either would work.

I'm going to take a photo of the silver maple in our front yard right now.

Cheers

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Silver or sugar preferably, but we'd consider Norway, box elder, red, black, whatever you have.

E-mail them to me.
Thanks