Friday, October 26, 2007

Fitness for the Hungry

I just came up with what I think is a brilliant prize for the fitness challenge (feel free to disagree) and was feeling bad that it was too late for our current fitness challenge when TT and Beth wanted to keep going with fitness challenge.
So, here's my adjusted good idea.
6 weeks of fitness (Monday until Dec. 9)
New goals (you should know by now what's reasonable for you)
$5 to participate (I nominate TT for treasurer)
$1 per week each week you do not make your weekly goal (so this could cost you up to $11)
Winner(s)- (those with the most week of meeting personal goal) chooses which hunger alleviation non-profit we donate the money to.

So we have new incentive to continue/improve our fitness regimen and we donate money to feed people who need extra food.

Comments?

9 comments:

Beth said...

I like this plan. And I like the idea that we have to pay if we don't meet our goal - even if I would have been paying almost every week. I have been moving more which is good.

Tucson Trekker said...

Count me in:

Unfortunately I don't take credit cards. My mailing address is:

Tucson Trekker Carlson
2442 E. Mabel St.
Tucson, AZ 85719

Maybe SS has a better idea, but I suggest you send me your 5 bucks and then just keep track of your weekly penalties (of course, you won't have any) and send me that money at the end.

Tucson Trekker said...

Oh wait, maybe I have to be voted into office first...

Jennifer said...

I second the nomination of TT to the pjavascript:void(0);
Hide Original Post of Treasurer for the GBKDFC.

Beth said...

what about paypal?

Debbie said...

Could we just send TT the $5 and weekly penalties all at once at the end of the 6 weeks? Maybe TT shouldn't post her address?

Did we start yet? Do we announce our goals? I am so out of walking everyday that a neighbor asked if I had been away since he hasn't seen me. And his mom died in the meantime - she lives down the street from me. I didn't ask what they did with Scooter the dog.

Tucson Trekker said...

About PayPal...
I'm not totally opposed but I prefer it if you could just send me checks... Should I really get with the 90's?
I only used PayPal once (got burned and never got any customer service from them), but am willing to try it again if you really want me to. I've never actually accepted money that way (just paid and got scammed). Is it easy to do?

Tucson Trekker said...

I suggest you pay your $5 up front as a motivational and 'ownership' thing. If you prefer to pay all at the end (and think that you own enough already), send me an email [alclarkee@gmail.com] announcing you are an entrant and will pay later, OK?

Tucson Trekker said...

You know, SS, I wondered about posting my address but I really can't see why not to. After all, it would be in the phone book if we had that kind of phone...