Thursday, May 31, 2007

Return to the Seasons

I know any tropical biologist will tell you that there are seasons, even at the equator, but after less than two weeks in Ecuador (see stories and photos at Sparkling Squirrel with many more to come) where it felt constantly on the verge of spring (except that it was dark well before 7), it feels incredibly seasonal to be back where things have changed dramatically in two weeks. The spring flowers, which were just blooming when we left, are completely done.



The grass is brown. The garden has grown. It's light forever. It feels like summer.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey - I saw the comment about the text being wider, so made this change - used the stretch denim template, then had to add back in color, so didn't get it quite the way Jennifer had it.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

The plants, by the way, are the azaleas along the SW (shady) side of my house and the rhodie on the N corner. The Mister does not like the row of salmon azaleas-- I think they are really nice for an unhappy spot. I'm not such a fan of the color of the rhodie, and can't stand the pinkish-lavendar of the azaleas on the SE side. Anyway, they are long done now and shouldn't clash too much with the peonies I've planted.

Debbie said...

My peonies bloomed for the 1st time! They're white! I transplanted them in 2005, and last year the flower buds were all mushy and never bloomed.

Insurance said...

Nice garden. I like it