Thursday, May 3, 2007

2 Months of GBKD

Our little blog is 2 months old, and I believe it is serving a useful purpose so far. In two months we have had 1 pregnancy, 1 marriage proposal, several jobs offers and interviews, several hair cuts and lots of fubulous spring flowers. A busy two months.
I want to encourage all of the Gorgeous Biologist Knitters not to wait until you have big news to post. Obviously we are thrilled to find out when friends have great life changing events (LCE?). But, by their nature, life changing events don't happen all that often. Interesting knitting conversations are often based around the random (most marmosets are chimeras) and the practical (my hard drive just crashed, remember to save your data) and style questions (what to knit for beachware?) as well as the important. Echinoderms are cool is probably my favorite post so far (and the post where GBKs identified a blurry bee from a plant photo-- I was way impressed). Keep us updated with the little things as well as the big.

6 comments:

Molly said...

Two months, AND your's is the one hundredth post!

Molly said...

Or is it the 98th? When I signed in it said 100 blogs on the "dashboard"-- but looking at the blog itself I'm not so sure...

Sparkling Squirrel said...

That is some unusual math going on.

Debbie said...

I bought Don (my pinkiless boss) a plastic finger that's a hook. He was with me, couldn't pass it up. I now resume no more purchases of things.

Jennifer said...

I think there may be a couple of draft posts that count towards the total, but have not been published.

Tucson Trekker said...

The bee was NOT blurry! (:))