Sunday, May 6, 2007

Some things I missed...

My picture that won that award got published in the most recent issue of Invertebrate Biology. But I may have mentioned that already.... I've been really out of it the last month or two and haven't commented on anything lately, but I wanted to congratulate a few people so I thought I would do it really quickly here.

So congratulations to
Irene for all the major life changes in her life recently (but particularly for the baby)
Cathy for getting engaged. That is super exciting!!
Heather for successfully defending (though that is no surprise)
Molly for getting to go to Turkey and Austria and landing (what sounds like) a good post-doc position

And Good Luck to Jennifer with all her job interviews, which is probably super late and may not do any good at this point (did you end up doing flatworms or Cnidarians?). I don't know about anyone else, but it would be awesome for me if you were somewhere in Ohio.

And finally, I'm very glad that Erin suffered no adverse effects with her brush with a tornado. Hopefully, no one suffered any effects of tornados in Kansas in the past few days (it seems that they mostly hit western Kansas).

I think that's everything. If I missed something, I'm sorry. I'll try to stay more on top of it.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Abby,
Thanks for the well wished. I did not get the job in Ohio. But I have my fingers crossed for the William Jewell position that I interviewed for on Friday.

Oh - for the other job interview I did flatworms. Haven't heard back from them yet.

Debbie said...

Can you post the photo - or a link to it? I promise not to steal it and sell it.

Molly said...

Yeah! We all want to see your photo!! I didn't know about your photo-- congratulations! (And thanks for your good wishes, too!)