Thursday, February 7, 2008

Searching for a Good Biologist

My small college is looking for an animal biologist and a cellular biologist (or possibly some amazing combination). I'm the chair of the search committee (not a position I relish).
If you know of anyone who really wants to teach, let me know. The teaching load can be crazy, but overall its a really good place to work, and we have our own sequencer and pcr machine, new labs and lots of fun equipment. Plus the lucky new biologists would work with me. Official Posting Here.

I'm desperate to get the word out about this, so if you have any suggestions of individuals or any ties to organizations, listserves, etc. or other suggestions for how I could publicize the position, please please let me know.

We will seriously consider ABDs.

9 comments:

Irene said...

You've probably already used (or will use) the Ecolog listserv; that would reach some of the animal biologists out there, though not many cell biologists.

Beth said...

Have you posted in the Chronicle of Higher Ed?

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I was about to write "of course its in the Chronicle" and then looked and its not there. Baffled note to HR guy ensued.

Abby said...

This isn't going to help you at all, but if this were 2 years down the road, I would be interested in this. Because the things I study are products of the Gogi apparatus, I am a cell biologist in some ways (and I use some of their techniques like TEM). But of course this observation is really only of interest to me.

Abby said...

Golgi, Golgi apparatus! I really wish I would read these things more carefully.

Anonymous said...

I passed it along to a paleo-sloth guy we have on a 1-year hire here at Doane. What's the expected salary? Moving to WV? I've got my price...

Heather York said...

I don't know why I don't have a little orange B. Oh well.

Heather York said...

You're kidding me.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Happy little orange B Heather.
I learned that the job should be in the Chronicle this week (we're posting a few others at the same time). I pushed it hard when I gave a seminar talk at WVU yesterday and we're seeking other directions.
I'd take you in an instant, Abby, and you could talk all you want about gogis. Actually, I didn't know you did golgi work. You'll have to explain it to me sometime.