Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Best thing since sliced bread!

Okay, maybe that's exaggerating. But I am really excited about this website I found. It's a recipe website, but different than all the other ones I've seen.

You enter an ingredient, or more than one, and it suggests recipes that can be made with those ingredients. First I tried "nutella" and it came up with at least a dozen recipes, including nutella hot chocolate, nutella fondue, several kinds of cookies, and so forth. Then I wanted to try something a bit oddball, something that I'd have a hard time thinking of how to use, so I put in "rutabaga" expecting two or three recipes, and it came back with dozens upon dozens.

I figure this is a great tool for deciding what to do with random farmer's market finds (quick, gimme ten recipes for rhubarb!) or that can of pineapple slices that's sitting in the cabinet.

www.supercook.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is sliced bread really a good standard? As someone who rarely eats sandwiches or toast am I missing a great wonder?

Jenny said...

Irene,
I've been looking for ways to use up the last bit of buttermilk (they sell it in such large containers!), and so I think this website will be quite helpful. I am looking forward to seeing what it produces. Thanks!

文章 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.