Monday, February 25, 2008

Blog Business

1) If you want comments e-mailed to you, we can now enter up to 10 addresses to receive them (and I don't need to be one of them as I check the blog much more often than I check that e-mail account).

2) I just enacted word verification for comments (three spam comments in a week is just too many). Allegedly it won't change commenting for authors, but let me know (or change it back) if it becomes too cumbersome.

3) I'm assuming that blog members not writing recently haven't done so because they are busy with other pursuits (jobs, giant papers and lives all being fairly important), but please let us know if you haven't written because of something else, so we can at least send virtual hugs.

7 comments:

Irene said...

I added my address to get comments. I think the word verification is a good idea, hopefully it will stop spammers.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Testing the recent comments.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Which is not working, but almost maybe.

Beth said...

comment testing....

Debbie said...

Agh - at 1st I thought I was way behind, but am only about 5 blogs behind - but they are major ones. Way to go Erin, but poor kitties! Maybe you should Mario behind to watch them. Let me know about Monday festivities - I found out about the defense from the seminar announcement today. I'll be in San Diego next week so will post a post-trip update!

Debbie said...

Dang - I actually have to post a comment to enable the email check box. I missed it the 1st time - in a hurry - going to dinner then Catch-22 the Play!!!! Poor kitties. I'm still traumatized by watching that old Guest Cat who died while I had her.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

So I used the info from another blog (wuthering expectations) to add the recent comments, except somehow the feed is not linking. Anyone with any html or java experience is welcome to de-bug. In the meantime, I inadvertently changed the template colors, then have been vertently changing them, but everyone else is welcome to too.