Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rutherford Robinia. . .

has a beating heart, plenty of amniotic fluid and measures 11 weeks 1 day, which, given that he/she is 11 weeks and 1 day old, are all good things.
It turns out that I have a subchorionic hemorrhage which did cause significant bleeding and could very well cause more bleeding.
Many women have these issues and continue to have healthy babies. In others it can lead to further complications. There is nothing anyone can do to ensure that one is in the former group, but for now I am extremely reassured that the baby is still intact in there and seems unfazed (doing flips all over the place and playing jump rope with the umbilical cord) by what was certainly scary and uncomfortable for me.
Thanks for all your good wishes, hugs and prayers.

9 comments:

Irene said...

I'm glad to hear the good news! Hoping that it continues to be nothing but good news all the way through.

Jennifer said...

I am glad that the little locust is doing ok! I second Irene's thoughts.
I hope you can enjoy some good time with your mom now!

salsis said...

Yay for little Charlie! I kept checking this site for you update.

Erin said...

I am so happy to hear all of this good news! Do you know for sure it is a girl?? I'm so happy for you and will be sending you positive thoughts. We we still see you in Hawaii? I flew to the east coast while 8 months pregnant, so no excuses, except medical ones of course :)

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Erin-- We don't know answers to either of your questions. Rutherford usually comes first when we talk about Rutherford Robinia, so we often refer to it as a he (Just as the Mervivian part of Mervivian Alloicious made fetal Dianthus usually referred to as a she). We're not planning on finding out sex this time either (although if the hemorraging persists, I may be in for a lot of ultrasounds and it may be harder to avoid).
I hadn't thought about Hawaii this week, but the Mister has been looking more into this condition and it apparently brings higher risk of pre-term labor, so may exclude travel in the 8th month.
We'll see.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things are ok!

Molly said...

Sorry to be such a stranger on the blog-- and late with my good wishes-- but I'm glad to hear of your news and obviously hope for your newest little one's health. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Beth said...

Woohoo!!

I was at SICB last week and could see the posts but not reply. I'm glad to hear how things worked out. :-)

Erin said...

Yes, I would avoid flying to Hawaii if preterm labor is a possibility. I have to say that even though I did it, it was extremely uncomfortable. I had to wear those compression tights so my feet wouldn't swell up. It is also 11-13 hours of flying, hard on the body. And it would be extra hard with a toddler. I will miss seeing you, though!