Tuesday, June 10, 2008

marathon interview

Remember that feeling of total freedom that came the last day of the school year in elementary school, when the summer was just beginning? I actually felt that way yesterday, and it was soooo wonderful to remember that feeling :)
And what prompted it was the fact that I survived the interview process at the museum for a curator position. Here was the schedule: Friday, 8 am: interview with head of department. 9: interview with collections manager. 10: interview with search committee. 11: give departmental seminar. 12:30: lunch with search committee. 2: interview with USDA staff at museum. 3-5: interviews with individual curators. 5: interview with posdocs and students. 6-9: dinner with search committee. Monday, 7:30 am: breakfast with search committee. 9: interview with head of research at museum.
Boy oh boy am I glad to be done! I've been thinking so hard about the interview, now I have to remember what it was I was actually doing in my research before this all began! (But not today. Today I'm going to be as lazy as possible, while also doing stuff I've ignored for way too long, like laundry and groceries...)
Hope all is well with everyone and hope the flood clean up is going ok over there one state to the west. We lost electricity and one of our pine trees toppled, taking down a large part of a chestnut tree in the process. Luckily no damage to the house.

5 comments:

Irene said...

Wow, that is a heck of a schedule. Yeah, I remember that "school's out for the summer!" feeling... too bad that nowadays summer just means different weather. And fewer college students crowding the campus.

Beth said...

Wow - that's an interview that was a little busy. :-)

Enjoy your lazy day. I'm busy teaching summer classes and sorting snails before a conference at the end of the month.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Congrats on surviving the interview, Molly. I look forward to hearing the results of all this frenzy, and to seeing photos of your garden.

Jennifer said...

Hope the interview went well. Those long interview can take it out of you.

Jenny said...

Hi Molly,
This is really late, but congrats on getting through that interview schedule. I hope you had a bit of time to recover!