Monday, April 28, 2008

And the celebrating rolls on

This is the week of Abby's candidacy exam, my seniors' orals, Cheryl's anniversary (I think), Jennifer's end of her first year teaching (all the way through finals), my end of classes for the second year, nearly the end of Beth's third year and Annika's fourth week of life.
It's also the week of my annual appreciation of azaleas and the mysterious wondrous fragrance I can't identify (similar to Korean Spice Viburnumsm, but not).

Break a leg Abby and happy Spring everyone!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Good luck Abby, and congratulations everyone! I was just thinking of Abby yesterday at our discussion group-- we were talking about the recent Dunn et al paper in Nature that puts ctenophores at the base of the metazoa tree... I thought of Abby because one of the other people at the group is in cnidarian lab :) Anyway, we were talking about how maybe ctenophores are this totally different lineage of metazoa from the rest of metazoa, maybe left over from the precambrian explosion... was fun. I also didn't realize that there's been a lot of molecular support for a paraphyletic Crustacea, with Insects being closely related to Daphnia-like critters?

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I had to show Molly's comment to my vert class to point out that I am not the only one excited by things they think nobody is excited by.