Sunday, January 13, 2008

knitting, writing, growing

I've been intently working on writing Chapter 3 of my thesis and doing revisions on the other 2 chapters. I now have a complete draft of the thesis, I'm working on adding a few more analyses and improving some sections that were weak. It's hard to believe it, but I might actually finish this thing.

Today, I got to take a break from writing and go to a "stitch & bitch" party - the first chance I've had to knit socially since I left Kansas! It wasn't quite the GBKs, but it was lovely and I got to meet some new cool people. The girl who hosted it says she plans to make it a monthly event, so I'm hoping that social knitting becomes a more regular part of my life again.

And of course the belly is getting ever bigger. This is a picture that Vlad took. I'm now at the point where random strangers (like the checkout clerk at the grocery store) comment on it and ask when I'm due. The general consensus is that I'm "carrying small" although I feel enormous already, and can't imagine what it will be like at full term. The baby is practicing her kicks and punches and perhaps some gymnastics, which is really nifty when it's not preventing me from sleeping at night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that pic looks like it could be in a magazine :) Glad things are going so well for you Irene!

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Really! I wondered who was posting glam images on our humble blog. Pat Vladette for me

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful picture. And congrats on making progress on your thesis. I am so happy for you!

Beth said...

awesome pic!

Cathy said...

This is a gorgeous picture! Glad to know things are progressing well in both work and baby dimensions of your world.

Erin said...

You are one fine mammacita in this photo!