Tuesday, January 15, 2008

GBK meet at SCB in Chatanooga?

The Society for Conservation Biology's 2008 meeting is in Chatanooga, TN in July. While I had no previous plans to go to SCB this year, a fellow knitter and I began talking about how
1) We would like to see each other
2) It's so cool that Cheryl is living with her husband in Chatanooga
3) SCB is a meeting relevant to our interests
4) It would be super-cool to go to good meeting and actually be the people who meet up with friends.

Anybody else interested?

6 comments:

Irene said...

I wish I could, but I won't be able to travel without baby, and even if I thought it was a great idea to travel with baby, if I'm back at work by that point, I won't have any vacation time. Ah well.

Cathy said...

In theory, yes! In practice, well, we'll just have to see how much of the dissertation is written by then. The fragmentation stuff I'm doing would actually fit in very well. With ESA, final fieldwork tidbits to do, and a wedding in September, I'm not sure if I'll have the time or funds. But I'd sure like to try....

Anonymous said...

I contemplated about going - but I may have to be in Lawrence at that time. I know Stelios will probably be attending (his department is helping organize it), which he wasn't so sure about, this conservation stuff is a bit new to him. But if you do decide to go, you are more than welcome to stay with us! Keep us posted :) Or if anyone else decides to go, let us know and if we have room you are more than welcome to stay!

Molly said...

Somehow I ended up with almost non-stop freezer duty in July, so I don't think I'll be able... It would certainly be fantastic to see everyone, though.

Cathy said...

Non-stop freezer duty?

Molly said...

Oh! Sorry Cathy, not sure if you'll even read this, but we take turns checking to make sure that the freezers that hold all of the specimens for DNA work are maintaining the correct temperature.