Monday, November 22, 2010

Changes

Hello Dear GBKD's friends

I hope you are all doing well. It seems like it from the posts I have seen. I haven't been posting much here, as there are some major changes in my life, and quite frankly, I didn't really know how to talk about them here. But it is important that I do, so that everyone knows. I am still not sure this is the correct way to do this, but it is the way I am choosing. Etiquette in the digital age is a bit tricky, isn't it. But you are all my friends and it is important that to me that I keep you in the loop.

The big change in my life is that I am in the process of getting a divorce. While the decision process has been long and hard, and there have been rough times and more ahead I know, this, in the end, is a good decision for me. I am happier than I have been in a long time.

I am staying with a colleague right now, but will be moving into a new place soon, which I am very excited about! When the details get worked out, I will let you know.

I have gotten involved with the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism)when I decided to take up archery as something fun to do. One of the best decisions I have made recently.

I am sorry that I have not sent each one of you a separate email or given individual phone calls, but truthfully, it is difficult to tell over and over again. Well, not difficult so much as tiring. This is why I decided to post this here.


Hope Everyone Has A HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
I am thankful to count you all as my friends.

Jennifer

8 comments:

Irene said...

I'm sorry to hear about the rough times, but glad that you are confident in your decision and in happier times ahead.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Thanks for sharing Jennifer. I can't wait to see you next week.

Cathy said...

I wish you lots of peace and strength, Jennifer. It's true, the digital thing is tricky, especially because it is tough to pass hugs your way over the internet! Consider your self hugged and fed with brownies, though. Wish I could re-pay the company and distraction you provided me when I had my tonsils out (that is the only hat I ever knitted, by the way). Take care of you and know we're all sending you our best wishes!!

Jennifer said...

Thank you all. Thanks especially Cathy for the hugs. It does help. and mmmmmmm brownies...my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I second the passing of hugs through cyberspace. It is always rough to go through these kinds of things, but I am comforted to know that you are confident in your decision and happier for it. Knowing you made the right decision helps tremendously with the rough patches. I wish you all the best starting this new chapter in your life and look forward to hearing about all of your great adventures!
Best wishes and Happy Thanksgiving!

Beth said...

((hugs))

Sending you lots of strength, happiness (both in the short term and long term), and best wishes. I'm glad that you are spending turkey day with family. Feel free to come visit again in Chicago whenever you want. :-)

Erin said...

I am glad to know that you are doing well and feeling good about life! But I am sad to be so far away and so disconnected. I am sending hugs your way as well. I am excited to hear about your new Anachronistic adventures! Love and Hugs...E

Jenny said...

Jennifer,
I'd just like to echo what others have so nicely written. Wishing you love and peace. And thank you for sharing this.