Thursday, November 6, 2008

GBDK Mini-Retreat in March

I just learned I will be in Lawrence March 30 for a Board Deal for that fellowship. Without diminishing the need for a full-scale retreat some other time, I was wondering who'd be interested in getting together the weekend of March 28-29 somewhere near Lawrence. I'm asking now so that 1) we can plan to get a cabin or something so that everybody can "get away" (I'm sure that we could get together at Sal Sis' or Jennifer's place and have a great time, but that wouldn't be quite the same) 2) we put it on our calendars so that it is a done deal and 3) I start telling my colleagues that I won't be around for the State Academy of Science meeting, which we are hosting here that day (eek-- probably shouldn't miss them, but would far rather be spending time with some of you).

Let us know.

6 comments:

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I'm also wondering about the chances of seeing friends over Christmas. We will be driving again (argh!) and in central Kansas for Christmas and Colorado after that.

Beth said...

Will you be coming through Chicago?

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Beth-
No, with neither Grandpa nor Mister's brother there anymore, it just ends up being a long way out of the way.

Anonymous said...

This is sally's sister - it won't let me log on. But: Yea - Count me in for the March fling. I'll be gone Dec. 21 - Jan 1. Let me know if there is an xmas fling.

Jenny said...

I think March would work for me. We will be in KS for Christmas too, and hopefully our paths will cross then as well. Enjoy the rest of the semester!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun, don't know if I can make it though, we are supposed to go to a concert that weekend. But I was thinking about coming to Lawrence after that weekend. Hopefully it will work out that I can see you at some point during that week.