Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ecology Books

Hey gorgeous biologist knitters, I have some ecology books that I want to get rid of. Is anyone interested in the following titles? If so, let me know and I'll ship them to you.

How to Identify Grasses and Grasslike Plants - Harrington
Applied Population Ecology - Akcakaya et al.
Invertebrate Surveys for Conservation - T. R. New
The Tallgrass Restoration Handbook - S. Packard and C. F. Mutel
Borror and Delong's Introduction to the Study of Insects
The Handicap Principle - A. Zahavi
Stream Ecology - J. D. Allan
The Insects - Chapman
Insect Diversity Conservation - M. J. Samways
Conservation and Biodiversity - A. P. Dobson
Principles of Population Genetics - Hartl and Clark
Perspectives on Plant Competition - Grace and Tilman
Restoration Ecology and Sustainable Development - Ubanska et al.
Principles of Insect Morphology - Snodgrass
Geographic Information Systems and Science - Longley et al.
Herbivores, Their Interactions with Secondary Plant Metabolites - Rosenthal and Berenbaum
Insects on Plants - Community patterns and mechanisms - Strong, Lawton, Southwood
Chance in Biology - Denny and Gaines
Ornithology - Gill

9 comments:

Molly said...

hi Irene, if you're sure you don't want them, and nobody else wants them, I'd be interested in the grass id book, the insect diversity conservation book, and the ornithology book

Cathy said...

Hey Irene,
Very generous of you to seek folks out who might like your books. I'd love the Grace and Tilman book, along with the two restoration books...and maybe the book on Chance in Biology. But if someone else really wants them, feel free to say!

cathy

Beth said...

I'd love the invert surveys for conservation book and the Conservation and Biodiversity book if no one else wants them.

Dr. M.M. TRIGUNAYAT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr. M.M. TRIGUNAYAT said...

Hi Irene,
If u wish to get rid of these books and no other is there to fully use them in that case u can donate some of these books to an indian friend who will make a full use of these .Iwould like titles on insect ,birds ,conservation and diversity.Thanks
Dr.M.M.Trigunayat

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Wow, and I thought nobody was reading our blog. Someone just has to post a message offering free stuff and we crop up out of the woodwork.
Except now I can't remember which book I was going to ask for.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I may teach entomology again (hopefully not) so any intro insect books would be of use. I have student doing stream sampling projects so the Stream Ecology text would be nice, but if someone wanted them for something more pressing than "I could be teaching this is a year or so", they should make use of them. Chance in Biology interests me but Cathy would actually read it long before I would.

Cathy said...

I agree that it is funny that the mention of free stuff makes us active bloggers...but then again, is there some small probability that we all just *happened* to check the blog right after Irene posted? Perhaps after reading the "Chance in Biology" book, we'd have an answer.

Jenny said...

Hi Irene,
What a nice offer, and what a good idea--maybe we could all post the books we're no longer using and swap them around. I think others have beat me to it in expressing interest in the Insect Diversity Conservation book, but I'm definately also interested, and potentially in Conservation and Biodiversity and Restoration Ecology and Sustainable Development if no one else has a more pressing need for them. Thanks again.