Friday, July 11, 2008

Lilycat

Lily cat is fine, let me just say that first.

We noticed she has not been eating or running around as she usually does. I thought she was still mad about her routine being upset by my nephew's visit last week. But last night I watched her closely - she sat down very slowly and she kept licking a place on her upper leg. When I looked, she had a sore by her anus.

So we took her to the vet this morning and the diagnosis was an anal abyss. They pierced and drained it (having first shaved her leg and taken her temperature). She will be fine.

Steve and I, well we will be fine to, but we are a bit traumatized . They took her to another room to deal with the abyss, but we could hear her yowls and hiss (I have never heard her hiss before). Right now, she is under the bed and won't have anything to do with us. I don't blame her, but I am wondering how we are going to get her out when it is time to put ointment on the wound.

6 comments:

Beth said...

awww

I recommend treats to lure her out. Whatever ones are her favorite.

Irene said...

Or whatever toy she loves best. Poor Lily! I hope she's feeling like her usual self again soon.

Debbie said...

What, no pictures?! Maybe that's what Guaba had on his butt when I got back from a trip. I just put neosporin on it. It was bad looking, but I figured they'd just put him on antibiotics and put neosporin on it and charge me. It wasn't oozing or anything though. And his behavoir wasn't different. It might have just been a play bite from Yoda.

Abby said...

I'm glad to hear that Lily will be okay.

Jennifer said...

Thanks everyone, Lily is doing much better. Sally's Sis, I suppose I could take a picture . . . if you really want. Lily's behavior definitely was changed - she acted like she was sick. With all her fur, I don't know that I would have noticed the spot otherwise. Is Guaba doing better?

Erin said...

Hector and Frances hope Lily is feeling better. They have recently recovered from their moving trauma.