Saturday, March 29, 2008

Good News

So I have some news that I'm finally ready to share. I have been accepted into the NSF EAPSI program for this summer. What this means is that I am going to Japan for two months this summer (from June 17 to August 21). The program is really awesome because it pays for everything (so far the only thing it doesn't seem to pay for is the poster I am required to make and print to give an idea of my research, but that's only about $100, right?). I was tentatively accepted back in Feb, but I didn't want to tell everyone until the Japanese host accepted me (which is the final acceptance). I got the email from Japan this week, so now I'm telling everyone! Tomorrow I go to DC for a meeting about the program so I should have more details soon if anyone wants to know more. I'm so excited!

9 comments:

Irene said...

Woohoo! That is fantastic, I hope you'll post about your trip, and show us pictures!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations Abby - it will be a wonderful trip for you. Have fun this summer.

Beth said...

Congrats! And yes - post pictures and fun notes on your trip. :-)

Debbie said...

Woah, that great you get to visit the anime homeland. That's why you really want to go , right?!

Erin said...

I'm with sally's sister. Is this about research or anime? Just kidding...great job!

Molly said...

Way cool! I am really excited for you, Abby! This may be too late, but if you need a place to stay you're always welcome to stay with me in Arlington!

Jenny said...

Great news, Abby!! And congrats on surviving the Jane-Daphne ordeal.

Cathy said...

Abby,
Hey cool! It sounds like a fabulous trip, Abby! Congrats!

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Go Abby!