Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Chemo Survivor in Major Pillow Fight

I regularly receive updates from Alex about her battle with breast cancer (any of which I'd be happy to pass on). Her last chemo treatment was on Feb. 14, and in a fit of euphoria, she joined in on the annual San Fransico St. Valentine's Pillow Massacre. You must check out the photo of bald Alex being compared to bald Brittany Spears that made one of the SF news blogs (about halfway down the page-- the bald people are hard to miss).

2 comments:

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I just received another update. Alex just had another surgery, the new lumps were not cancerous (yea!) and has a new spot tatooed where she will be getting radiation (everyday for a week).
She apparently now has a full head of 1/8 inch blond fuzz, although her eyebrows are falling out.

Beth said...

I'm glad to hear she's doing better and I think she looks better bald than Britney!