Monday, June 4, 2007

Getting biblical in Central Kansas





I haven't been checking the blog regularly and have missed some good stuff! Capsized canoes and existential circuses to name a few. Becca was in town this weekend and we went camping at Wilson lake. It was the most beautiful place I have been in Kansas, even though it is a reservoir. The lake is fed by the Saline River and the water is crystal clear blue (or green or purple or pink depending on the time of day). We took a canoe out, and even though it was pretty rough (from the wind and jet skis) we didn't get too wet. We also made it to the Garden of Eden, which was awesomely creepy. I'm not much for hippie dippy stuff (anymore...) but I really think that this place might be a so-called "vortex". It had a very profound affect on everyone in our group, and the folk art (and artists) there are pretty far out. I recommend this place to everyone. Check out the photos, the last one was the view from our campsite.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I think awesomely creepy is the best description for the Garden of Eden that I've ever heard! Wilson Lake is so beautiful--I'm glad you got the chance to go there.

Anonymous said...

http://thumbsnap.com/v/qHhXs9p8.jpg

Molly said...

Where is Wilson Lake? It looks so amazing!

Erin said...

Wilson Lake is about 15 miles west of Salina off of I-70. It's a pretty easy drive from Lawrence.