Saturday, June 2, 2007

Current Comments

Once again it has come up that we would like to see current comments easily on the blog, regardless of which post they are go to. One suggestion, which would be fine, would be to to have separate e-mail account to send the blog comments to that we could all check. But here is another way to go. There is a site called Haloscan through which you can manage your blog comments. They have code which you can put into your sidebar which lists all the recent comments, regardless of which post it goes to and I think it links you then to that post and its comments.

I tried to install this to our blog, but the problem is that I am already using Haloscan for my personal blog and I could not see a way for me to have two blogs through Haloscan. It is really easy to use Haloscan, but someone else would have to set up the account for this blog. One other thing - the comments that were left on blogger do not show up on the blog once you switch to Haloscan.

Just a suggestion!
Jennifer

7 comments:

Irene said...

Hmm... if we install just the widget and not the whole thing, can we avoid the problem of not seeing pre-Haloscan comments? (I'm actually testing that right now)

Irene said...

Okay, I tried installing HaloScan (it's easy), but wasn't sure I liked not having access to any comments previous to the install. So, I uninstalled it, but left the "Recent Comments" widget in place so people could see what it looks like. It won't actually show recent comments unless Haloscan is installed.

Jennifer said...

That is what I was afraid of. Is there a way to transfer the previous comments into Haloscan?

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Testing, maybe

Anonymous said...

How come only anonymous comments are showing up. -Beth

Debbie said...

That's me abusing the haloscan. Only haloscan comments show up, nothing we post in the blog does.

Beth said...

So is there an easier way to do this?