Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our New Home!









I finally have a moment to post some pics of our new house! Sorry for double posting if you have already seen these on Facebook, but for those who haven't...

We are really enjoying our new place, the house was built in 1941 (Stelios found what we believe are the blueprints in the attic - who knows what other treasures are there!) and once you start looking around the place, it has a lot of interesting features to it. The hardwood floors are beautiful, we are enjoying the sun room a lot and I finally have a yard to play around in! I will be trying to send out our address when I have a chance between pcr's and I hope that all can come and visit us soon!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats! What a cute place.

Jenny said...

It looks like a wonderful place to live! I really like the floors, the yard, and the built-in book shelves. Are you feeling settled in?

Molly said...

Lovely! Is that an outdoor fireplace?! So cool.

Irene said...

Congratulations! A home that's all yours is a neat feeling.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Looks great, Cheryl. I'm envious of those bookshelves, but know that you and S will fill them in no time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! We are about as settled as we could be after being in the house for about a month. Most of my school books and such are still in boxes, but I will get to them once I get back from Lawrence. In the back yard is what Stelios calls his 'spit'. There is a place to grill and it almost looks like there is a little oven in the bottom of it. The bookshelves all along the wall really caught Stelios' eye - the beginnings of his dream room: walls of bookshelves!