Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's a party in my mind!

I hope I don't sound like I am gloating, but I am so happy about the fact that
(1) I have a four day weekend coming up
(2) After today, I am done teaching in one of my classes.

What this means is that I do not have to give another lecture until next Wed.
And tomorrow, for lab, we are going to a place with the largest population of Blood Root I have ever seen. Even if spring weather is not here the spring ephemerals are out.

What are you happy about today?
Thanks for letting me share.

7 comments:

Irene said...

I'm happy that I got to take part of yesterday afternoon off, and make a place in the yard to plant a bunch of Japanese Irises that I rescued from my parents' backyard.

They're getting a geothermal heat system installed, and the irises were in the path of the installation truck's wheels.

Erin said...

To keep it plant related...I am happy that Honohono is blooming at my field site. I didn't even know it was there!

http://www.usbg.gov/plant-collections/conservation/Haplostachys-haplostachya.cfm

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that the native plants we got last fall are blooming (bunch of Jacob's ladder). And I'm going a bit nerdy here: I'm very happy that I have almost solved my PCR woes :)

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I'm happy that my yard is overrun with violets and lamium and the crabapple trees on campus are super-fluffy pink.

Jennifer said...

Cheryl, glad that you got your PCR worked out.

Erin - I agree that it is wonderful to find a rare species - very cool.

Debbie said...

The Haitian bird guide I trained gave his first tours this week!

Molly said...

I'm happy that the movers finally came with our furniture last night! And that Lucy seems to be adjusting ok to the new house/life.