Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Resolutions?

It seems easier to keep resolutions when we share them with others. I kept to last year's resolution of not stockpiling tea! I'll only buy it when I'm out, or if jasmine or earl gray is on sale. This year my resolution is to not buy too much food. Buying in bulk backfires for those of us who live alone and don't like to cook. I'm learning to buy in smaller quantities and allow the good stuff to run out so I'm forced to finish up the stuff I have stockpiled. How privileged we are when our problem is having too much food to eat and not wanting it.

What are your resolutions?

4 comments:

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I haven't come up with my "real" (read fun) resolution yet. I'm fully supporting my Mister's resolve to cook from our cookbooks once a week, and I always resolve to read 50 books in the year and exercise regularly, but I'm open for the sparkling wine, pink, rodent, luck follow up.

Debbie said...

What about buying only locally produced food? HAHA, that wouldn't be fun. You could try a different cheese each week. HAHA, what does WVA have, american or cheddar?

Jenny said...

I think I am going to resolve to play musical instruments more often.
I'd also like to finish knitting/sewing projects started but not completed, and not accumulate yarn and fabric. Speaking of, would anyone be interested in a yarn exchange?

Molly said...

My resolution is to cook five meals a week, using at least three new recipes. That, and to take Lucy running at least three times a week. Gosh, that sounds so measly... poor dog. Just for the record, I do take her on a walk twice a day!