Friday, August 17, 2007

Bummy week

Hi - I see lots has been posted since I last saw the blog, and bummy stuff has been going on here. My boss had a mini-stroke (blocked for short time, no apparent damage) 2 Fridays ago, then last Wed. my best friend calls to say she's driving back to PA, her brother has been in intensive care for 1.5 weeks and is going downhill. He died Sat., the funeral was Wed., and I felt guilty for not going back to PA. He had pneumonia (legionairres, the dr. had sent him home saying it was the flu, then he ends up in ER and never comes home). But I'll go see her when she's settled back in St. Louis. And now my boss is acting squirrely and his girlfriend just called asking me to drive him home b/c he called her all squirredly, and he was driving away when I went outside and insists he's ok. And a proposal is due Tues. that he hasn't looked at yet, so I might mutiny on Monday and send it as is.

Other than that, I'm going to see the Simpson's tonight, and Harry Potter tomorrow.

6 comments:

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Big hug SS. I hope that the things that can improve do and that you're able to support your friend and boss without hurting yourself. Call if you need a long distance cup of tea.

Jennifer said...

SS - another big hug from me. Sometimes the universe just dumps it on, and I am sorry that it dumped on you.

Irene said...

Sending another hug and warm fuzzy thoughts your way.

Debbie said...

Thanks! It's a new week, the bossman is here and seems fine, and my best friend is back at her home and sounds like she's doing ok. And Saturday is a par-tay!

Jenny said...

Hi SS, we are sending lots of nice thoughts from IA. Did you enjoy the movies?

Beth said...

I liked the movie - did you?