Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Winter Update

So no big news here but I wanted to say hi to everyone and share some fun pictures of the big snow. J & I decided that we needed Katie from Katie and the Big Snow. Gavin had no idea what to do with snow that was very tall on him. I had to join him in the yard just after I took the picture so he wasn't scared.


The other picture is of drifting by our garage. It was up to over 6 feet in a few spots and is still there. So I lost last week to snow and just finished my teaching for this week. It was odd to lose a week during the second week of class.

Irene came to visit over New Years and we had a great visit. I miss my knitting group. I really want a teleporter so we could all visit more often. So please let me know if you'll be in the Chicago area or if you want to come visit. Gavin gives kisses and snuggles and can be easily kept out of the guest room.

Sending happy wintery thoughts to all. :-)

3 comments:

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Happy Winter Beth!
We were just closed one day last week and then again yesterday. My lab sections were the only ones that were affected and I ended up having to run 5 additional lab times last week and hopefully only one this week.

Irene said...

If Gavin learned to cover his nose like polar bears do, he could almost camouflage in the snow!

Unknown said...

Aw, the picture of Gavin is soooo adorable!