Saturday, February 6, 2010

Knitting help

I have a knitting problem I need some help with. I'm knitting a baby sweater in the round and it's curling up at the bottom as I knit it and not laying flat. Is this something that I can fix when I block it or will it continue to do this after I'm finished? This is the pattern I'm using. The bottom cuff is garter stitch, and then it is a cable pattern after that. It seems to start curling at the transition between patterns. I'm following the pattern exactly but am using a 100% wool yarn instead of a wool/alpaca/rayon blend. Does anyone have any advice? I don't want to go much further if it's going to turn into a half-shirt instead of a sweater. Thanks knitters!

4 comments:

Beth said...

The sweater that I have in the round curls a bit at the bottom. But blocking helped it stay flat.

Is is garter stitch section curling up to the cable or is the transition where it wants to bend?

Erin said...

I think it is the transition between the garter stitch and the cable pattern that is causing the bend.

Beth said...

I think that'll block out. I really like the pattern - it's very cute. :-)

Other opinions?

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I think that I should add something-- I really like the pattern-- but then I realized that there is a reason I only knit scarves and blankets and all of you know it.