Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Things NOT to do three days before moving

Well, one thing anyway.

Don't sprain your ankle. But that is what I did this morning. It it not a bad sprain. I am trying to stay off of it as much as possible. Why is it that knitting and reading and watching movies seems so boring when I am forced to be still.

We close on Friday morning and plan to move on Saturday. Hopefully we will all remain injury free until then.

I have to say - I am so looking forward to the changes in our life this move will make. Finally, a place where I can begin my dream garden. We will feel more a part of the community of friends that I have made through WJC. No more 20 minute drives to work. Less money spent on energy - both via the car and the leaky windows in the house.

I am hoping that this move will also spur us on to making changes we have talked about making for a long time: furniture we pick out and is not hand-me-down, getting more exercise (there is a great green-ways walking/biking trail that starts in our neighborhood and we are walking distance to the community center, post-office, grocery store, post office), eating better.

4 comments:

Irene said...

Yowch, I hope your ankle feels better by moving day.

I'm so excited for you guys - keep us up to date (as much as you have time for, anyway) on the new house, gardening plans, etc.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Sorry to hear about your ankle, but excited for your "new" lifestyle and hope the move goes as smoothly as moves can go. Make sure to take plenty of "before" pictures.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your ankle - I sprained mine only a little over a month ago and just now feel like it's getting back to full strength. Just stay off of it as much as you can and it will get better before you know it :) Good luck with the move!

Jenny said...

Best of luck with the move and the ankle. Wish I were closer to help out. Can't wait to hear more about your new location.