Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'm a Yankee now

No more Confederate flags. Yippee! We relocated to the lush and liberal (relatively speaking) Hudson Valley, a mere 90 miles from NYC.....and with a view of the Catskills out our front window. I'm very happy to be in a new (albeit still not tenure-track) position, and the hubby is very happy to be going to school (a Masters in Regional Planning/Geography with the goal of ridding the world of cars). A crazy, somewhat spontaneous move on our part, but the pieces are falling into place. Our house comes equipped with kayaks, so feel free to swing by for a little boating or hiking or blueberry picking near our rural digs.

I hope you are all well. Though I don't comment often, I do check the blog and wish you all well in your respective corners of the world!!

5 comments:

Irene said...

You're definitely closer to us now - I like the idea of visiting and kayaking!

Congrats on the new position!

Sparkling Squirrel said...

How exciting, Cathy! I look forward to learning more about the new job and the new lifestyle. You're helping to rebalance the GBK geographically (with Molly and me moving West and TT moving further West, we were tipping toward the Pacific, although my pee still goes out the Mississippi).

Erin said...

Congrats on the move, C. Sounds like lots of good changes are happening. A house with kayaks is a definite improvement over Aiken :)

Abby said...

Glad that everything is working out for you! And I fully support your husband's ambitions so get him cracking on that!

Jenny said...

So glad you are happy in the new position and living situation!! Your home seems idyllic, with hiking, blueberries and kayaks nearby!