Monday, August 25, 2008

10 days since a blog & Haiti update


Since it's been 10 days & Maddy is better, I thought I'd post. I'm going back to Haiti in February! And bringing 3 - 6 people with me! I'll focus on teaching some residents about birding and get them started on a ecotourism business, and the other people may help with improving the rain collection setup that waters a garden that feeds kids in the town. I am selling cards with my Haiti pictures on them to raise money for bird books and binoculars (see former post, let me know if you want any!). Also I am going to take Heifer International workshop at their ranch near Little Rock. And Nadine my scooter has surpassed 300 miles, with only 2 people inappropriately passing me, and one person pulling out in front of me (I was able to stop in time since I expect people to not see me, though the 2 passers sure surprised me).

2 comments:

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Cool beans Sal Sis!

Irene said...

Wow, you're doing such neat stuff! I hope you keep some kind of journal of your adventures, to help you write your memoirs someday.