Saturday, May 17, 2008

Shrews, Laurels and New States

Over on sparkling squirrel you can see the pictures of a super-cute shrew (not a rodent) that wandered around for us on one of our hikes in the Great Smoky Mountains last week. Here's an image of a mountain laurel which have spring-loaded stamens and crazy shaped buds and are all around cool. I picked up two new states (and wineries, but not capitols) during the week, as I had never been to Tennessee or North Carolina before. I returned home to find out I was not the only Democrat to vote for someone other than Clinton in the primary. 33% of the dems in my county did-- although 14% voted for Edwards. Ack. Anyway, happy late spring.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You most definitely need a mountain laurel in your yard - wow they are beautiful.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

We should see some still blooming on our trip.