Monday, October 10, 2011

Questions for Class Feedback

This semester, I'm being very nice to my class and giving them a few 'attendance quizzes'. As the course proceeds, I thought that these quizzes could be a good opportunity to get some feedback about the class if the student chose to do so. If so, the student would need to feel comfortable giving me feedback because their names would be on the paper.


So I was curious if anyone might have suggestions about questions I could pose to the students, try to get some feedback about the class, but have the student be comfortable about putting their name on the paper.

Thoughts?

10 comments:

The MIster said...

Get the feedback. Obvioulsy it is not anonymous, like end-of-semester evalutations, but mid-semester evaluations are a great tool to improve those end-of-semester evaluations (assuming you actually act on the feedback).

Beth said...

I like the list one thing you like about my teaching or the class and list one thing that you would like to changes about my teaching or the class.

Jenny said...

When I taught, the system Beth described worked pretty well for me too. I hope your semester is going smoothly!

Sparkling Squirrel said...

I've used: favorite (lab or class) and why, least favorite and how it could be improved, topic you would like to know more about, most interesting thing you have learned, how much you studied for first exam, are you satisfied with score on first exam (if so, what worked for you that I can pass on to other students, if not, what are you going to do differently before next exam).
When I started genetics and evolution, I asked what the words mean and what they would like to know more about. It wasn't exactly class feedback but it was revealing.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

By the way, have we always had word verification for leaving comments?

salsis said...

Did you have a word like midol and comment on it? Maybe you only get it when you're not already signed in. My word is eatic.

salsis said...

No that I'm signed in I don't have to do the word.

salsis said...

I meant now. And now the comment about midol will be lost among the others.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your suggestions!

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Salsis-- I knew we didn't have word verification for signed in members, but I didn't know we had it at all.
I have never had midol as my word.