Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Plastic watershed model ideas?

UPDATE - Trail 1 - Non-waterproof diorama. I can point out watershed details on this.

Anyone have ideas of where to buy or how to make a small plastic model of a watershed? Something like what's on this page. I'm looking for one to use in Haiti for teaching (I'm planning a fall trip). It has to be small enough to fit in my backpack (<12in x 12in), and already in one assembled piece since I may not have time to set something up. I could try making one, like the one in that webpage, then melt a sheet of plastic over it, maybe a piece of lamination plastic or something from a craft store. Anyone have experience with craft store melty plastic (if such a thing exists)? Or modeling clay that holds shape and water, and won't crack when my backpack gets tossed around? Thanks! (PS I'm taking the intro to Creole class here this fall!)

2 comments:

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Have you looked at any model train stuff? Those people are crazy and seem to have everything.

salsis said...

Good idea! I had thought about fish tank accessories and kids toys. I had a Barbie pool that was only about 1 in deep. Not a satisfactory swim for Barbie.